It is of primary importance to Beacon Park Day Boats (hereafter called ‘We’) that the hirer (hereafter called ‘You’) has an enjoyable cruise on the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal – one that is memorable for all the right reasons. This document sets out clearly the rights and responsibilities of both parties and aims to ensure that, should difficulties arise, an amicable solution may be reached.
1. BOOKING A day boat booking is confirmed and binding after payment has been taken.
2. PRICES The prices shown on the website are fully inclusive for the hire of a day boat. This includes fuel and life jackets. We reserve the right to change advertised prices. However, in the rare event of this being necessary, we will advise you at the time of booking.
3. ARRIVAL Please arrive 5 minutes before your hire time starts and contact us on 07375995867. If you are running late please contact us. If you fail to arrive one hour after your hire time starts and have not informed us that you’ll be late, we have the right to re-let the boat. Beacon Park Boats advises to take care when walking on site, especially on the black decking area where the day boats are located. Always ask for assistance if unsure and please mind your step when getting on to the boats. Upon arrival at our gates on Hillside Road Llangattock, Powys, NP81EQ, please give us a call on 07375995867, do not buzz the gates. When you are through the gates, proceed down the driveway through the second gates, please park towards the top of the car park and once unloaded, head towards the left-hand side of the building towards the white flag pole where a member of staff will meet you.
4. RETURN The boat must be returned by your return time. If you are running late please phone to give us your estimated return time. Failure to return within 30 minutes of this time will result in the following:
5. CLEANLINESS You must leave the boat in a clean and tidy condition; cleaning materials are provided. Failure to observe this return procedure will result in a cleaning charge of £20.
6. INSURANCE We provide full insurance cover for the boat and its equipment. However should we feel that the damage has been deliberately caused or caused by negligence we reserve the right to make a charge for the loss.
7. ACCIDENTS You are in complete charge of the boat and are responsible for its safe navigation. In the event of any accident you must notify us immediately with full details and names and addresses of witnesses. Do not admit liability or attempt to undertake repairs.
8. REPAIRS Any repairs are the responsibility of the Company and should not be put into the hands of other companies without the Company’s authority.
9. DELAYS & RESTRICTIONS We cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by breakdown, unforeseen defects, obstruction to navigation, repairs or damage to either our boats or the canal. We reserve the right to restrict the navigation without notice if unusual conditions arise and can make no financial adjustment in these circumstances. We cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by the Canal & River Trust work programmes on the canal.
10. LOSS OF WATER You are responsible for any charges made by the waterways authorities for any loss of water or damage to the waterways property caused by you.
11. HIRER’S PROPERTY We cannot accept liability for loss or damage to hirer’s or passengers’ property, baggage, motor cars etc, however caused.
12. AGE LIMITS We will not hire a boat to anyone under the age of 18.
13. BOAT INSTRUCTION You and your passengers undertake to receive instruction from us in boat handling, and agree to abide by the procedures, as told and shown on handover. In particular you will comply with all instructions given concerning safety of the boat, passengers, canal structures and canal environment. This covers, but is not limited to: a) Observing all speed limits and not creating a damaging wash. b) Showing courtesy to other canal users. c) Observing all bylaws, navigation limits and instruction/advice from Canal & River Trust representatives.
Breach of these conditions will result in curtailment of hire with no refund.
14.1. We reserve the right to refuse to handover a boat to any person who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge. In this event all money paid will be refunded in full and you shall have no other claim.
14.2. We may repossess the boat at any time if, in our opinion, you are unsuitable or aren’t behaving responsibly, or if the boat or any persons are at risk. In these circumstances you remain liable for the holiday cost and no refund will be made.
14.3. If owing to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to provide the boat booked or a suitable alternative, we will refund all money paid and you shall have no further claim.
15. PASSENGERS You must allow on the boat no more people than the maximum number for which the boat is designed, as explained at the time of booking.
16. LIVE BAIT No live bait is to be carried inside the boat at any time.
17. PETS You may bring a maximum of two pets; however these must not be left unattended in your boat.
18. STAG & HEN PARTIES Boats will not be hired to all-male or all-female parties.
19. CANCELLATION If you wish to cancel a booking please phone 07375995867. No refunds will be given.